Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should i do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should i do

Hi Guys,

I have a credit score of 604 and trying to improve it though account history is for 7 years.I have a car title under my name(bought in cash).

Can i apply for refinancing with credit unions to boost my score.

Curiously.

Mike

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What should i do

Hello and welcome. 

If you don't have any credit reporting, then you need to get some.  Get at least 2 credit cards and let one report a tiny balance each month, 1-9% of the limit.   IMO, go to your credit union and open two secured credit cards.  This way, over time, they will become unsecured and grow with you . If you get Orchard Bank or other junky banks to give you a secured card (or even unsecured) then they won't grow with you.  But they will help immediately.  Don't go applying for a bunch of cards, either.  The inquiry damage to the score isn't as bad as everyone says, but you still don't want a bunch of inquiries as it looks bad if you need a loan.

If you have negative information, then get to work reading this forum on how to remove.

My husband had no revolving accounts (cc's) last year, and when he got two, he got over 100 points.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.