cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should my next step be? (no response to DV letter)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should my next step be? (no response to DV letter)

I have a collection account showing up on my credit report (just TU) with Security Credit Services. It is for $1054. They never sent me ANY notification at all it just popped up on my credit last Fall. I sent a debt validation to them using the information found on my CR and..nothing. Just crickets. I have not heard a word from them. I did try dispute with the CRB and it did come back as verified. But the never responded to my DV they have not communicated with me not once. What should my next step be? They are only reporting on TU so I don't want them to pop up on all 3 but I would also like them to be gone if I can. Thanks  *I also want to add that it looks like this collection agency is NOT licensed to collect in my state*

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What should my next step be? (no response to DV letter)

A timely DV request invokes a cease collection bar on the debt collector.

There is no requirment to or period for providing debt validation.  The purpose of the DV process under the FDCPA is to provide the consumer a respit from continued collection activities, and not to mandate that the debt collector send validation.

The debt collector can choose to simply cease collection activities until they have first provided validation.

If you seek deletion of the existing reporting and agreement not to report to other CRAs, you can make a pay for deletion and pay for not reporting offer to the debt collector.

However, they cannot respond to any offers until you first remove the cease collection bar imposed by your DV request.

You must decide whether to simply wait and remain under the cease collection bar, or remove the bar and permit them to negotitate with you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.