Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What steps do I take?

tag
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

What steps do I take?

I just got off the phone with Chase regarding a 2003 FNANB account. 2 CRA's reporting CO with $0 balance and 1 with a balance 0f 3,186, each last reported in 2003. Chase/FNANB does not have ANY information on me or my account in their system. Can I get this account off my report? How do I go about it? I did pay this off through a CA a few years back.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What steps do I take?

They probably sold the account...can you get something in writing from them...saying they have no record of you account...but you need to dispute the balance...on the TL....showing one...it should be $0....also...find out from Chase...who owns the account...you need to contact them...and try to pay the...so they don't report to the CRAs...AT ALL...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What steps do I take?

spongebobsmom wrote:
I just got off the phone with Chase regarding a 2003 FNANB account. 2 CRA's reporting CO with $0 balance and 1 with a balance 0f 3,186, each last reported in 2003. Chase/FNANB does not have ANY information on me or my account in their system. Can I get this account off my report? How do I go about it? I did pay this off through a CA a few years back.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

Im guessing that the DOFD was way before 2003......baddies drop from CR approx 7 years from DOFD.......report means only that that is the last time that they reported.

Dispute it as *not mine*   The CRAs will contact the OC......If they (the OC) deleted the account from their data base.....the CRA will delete from CR

If the dispute comes back *verified*   then you send the OC letter CMRRR  to the OC

An OC does NOT have to answer the OC letter untill after a dispute that they verify!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-17-2008 12:55 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.