Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the Macy's?

tag
diva_1515
Valued Member

What the Macy's?

I have a strange story to share!

So since I've been on the credit rebuilding journey, I order my 3 CR's each year faithfully. So I was shocked when I got my reports this week and I had a Macy's card from 2006 reporting. 

I'm like huh??? So I call Macy's credit services, I'm in a panic because I have had my information used/stolen before. 

The rep tells me that my account is active, and has never been used. I have never had Macy's on my credit reports before, I never received a card or statement, so I'm really confused.

So some background, I was employed by Macy's as a seasonal employee in 2006. In order to get your discount you had to have a Macy's card. If you weren't approved for the CC, they gave you a prepaid card. I was denied a CC, I was issued a prepaid card and that's all I ever had/used.

The CSR was just as perplexed as me. She said they closed accounts out after a few years if they were never used. Later another rep said I was in the system as a current employee so that prevented my card from being closed.

So anyway now I have a 9 year old credit line reporting Smiley Very Happy

My credit limit is a whopping $100 LMBO. Since my account is so old, do you think they'll give me an increase once I use it?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the Macy's?

It's worth a shot.
Having a 9 year old credit line isn't bad either.
Congratulations on the good news!
Message 2 of 9
diva_1515
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
It's worth a shot.
Having a 9 year old credit line isn't bad either.
Congratulations on the good news!

Thank you!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!!
Message 4 of 9
crrredit
Established Contributor

Do you still get your employee discount? Double bonus!

Message 5 of 9
EW800
Valued Contributor

When you were advised that they show you as a current Macy's employee, you should have advised the rep that as a current employer you would like to see some checks! Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 9
diva_1515
Valued Member

LOL. I wish. I believe they updated their information to prevent that.

Message 7 of 9
diva_1515
Valued Member

That would be nice! 9 years of back pay would be awesome right about now Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be happy with the 9 year TL for my aaoa
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.