Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the (insert expletive here)??!!!

tag
shawnette
Regular Contributor

What the (insert expletive here)??!!!

So, my EQ score finally changed after the collection removal.  It freakin' dropped 10 points!!!  WTF??!!  Smiley MadSmiley Mad

I must add that a new account was added, also, but the new account lowered my utilization %.  UGH!!!  This was my only collection and it was just added in February.  At that time, my score dropped by about 20 points.  I DV'd the CA and it was deleted last week.

I'm sad. Smiley Sad 

So sad. Smiley SadSmiley Sad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the (insert expletive here)??!!!

shawnette wrote:
So, my EQ score finally changed after the collection removal.  It freakin' dropped 10 points!!!  WTF??!!  Smiley MadSmiley Mad

I must add that a new account was added, also, but the new account lowered my utilization %.  UGH!!!  This was my only collection and it was just added in February.  At that time, my score dropped by about 20 points.  I DV'd the CA and it was deleted last week.

I'm sad. Smiley Sad 

So sad. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

It could be from the new account if it lowered your average age a bit. Don't worry, it will go back up and then some. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the collection!
Message 2 of 8
tcham54687
New Contributor

I had a similar situation with EX. I fought hard to have a collection from Portfolio Affiliates removed, even threatened litigation. Well, low and behold the fax finally came saying they would delete the account completely. It was a 5yr old account that was sold to another CA and closed 2yrs ago.

Well I'm excited, giddy in fact, as I type in my CC info to buy yet another EX FICO this month. I couldn't wait to see my score jump. I'm expecting 30 points minimum. 5 *%#*^&** pts...5. Smiley Mad I was sick!!

I'm retiring from the Navy and trying to get the score up to buy the retirement homestead and I get 5pts for a baddie.
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 3 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

tcham54687 wrote:
I had a similar situation with EX. I fought hard to have a collection from Portfolio Affiliates removed, even threatened litigation. Well, low and behold the fax finally came saying they would delete the account completely. It was a 5yr old account that was sold to another CA and closed 2yrs ago.

Well I'm excited, giddy in fact, as I type in my CC info to buy yet another EX FICO this month. I couldn't wait to see my score jump. I'm expecting 30 points minimum. 5 *%#*^&** pts...5. Smiley Mad I was sick!!

I'm retiring from the Navy and trying to get the score up to buy the retirement homestead and I get 5pts for a baddie.

Don't get me started on EX.  Just had 2 COs drop off and my score went down 8 points.  I swear I can't win for losing...
Message 4 of 8
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I am in the same boat... I had 2 paid CA deleted from my report and no change in my score... I thought my scores would go up with deleted Accounts??? It makes me question if putting in the effort for GW letters is really worth the effort if it isn't going to help my score any...

GRRRRRR frustrated!!!!Smiley Mad
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, sounds like age has factored into all of your situations heavily. I would rather have a clean report and lower score than a higher score and a delinquency.

The good thing about it is that the gradual score increase are quite frequent. When I got my last baddie removed I was still a 656 and was hot but now I am at 707 and it has only been since March, so be patient. At one point I was getting 10+, 8+, 12+, 1+, etc... alerts once a week.

It is all about the bigger picture with FICO.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess that no longer having ANY collections on your report, you are now being compared to other FICOs with no collections. Can we say "rebucketed!!!!" That, and the new account lowering your average age... if you have been rebucketed, the points should bounce back pretty fast, though.
Message 7 of 8
tcham54687
New Contributor

ivyalmighty wrote:
I would guess that no longer having ANY collections on your report, you are now being compared to other FICOs with no collections. Can we say "rebucketed!!!!" That, and the new account lowering your average age... if you have been rebucketed, the points should bounce back pretty fast, though.

I definitely think I'm in the wrong bucket. My oldest account is 24yrs old, the average account age is 10yrs and I have no new credit. I think I'm being compared to old geezers who haven't missed a payment since the "big war"!Smiley Mad
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.