Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to Do

I have 3 baddies remaining on my reports. I would like to purchase a home next year and I want to make sure I handle removing these accounts  in the best way. The three accounts are with the following agencies:

Diversified  Accounts (Verizon)= 584  Reporting incorrect  amount  actually  owed is $583.50

Portfolio Recovery = 1,123

Calvary  4536

My question is should I  try  to settle these accounts  and then goodwill? Or should I pay all of them in full? I have already contacted  Diversified  and they said they could settle the account for Settled In Full for 233.40. I know that Settled In Full is not good UGH what to do!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to Do

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 baddies remaining on my reports. I would like to purchase a home next year and I want to make sure I handle removing these accounts  in the best way. The three accounts are with the following agencies:

Diversified  Accounts (Verizon)= 584  Reporting incorrect  amount  actually  owed is $583.50

Portfolio Recovery = 1,123

Calvary  4536

My question is should I  try  to settle these accounts  and then goodwill? Or should I pay all of them in full? I have already contacted  Diversified  and they said they could settle the account for Settled In Full for 233.40. I know that Settled In Full is not good UGH what to do!!!!!

Settled in full or settled for less than full balance are the same in the eyes of Fico, its an underwriter who may question why you dint pay in full. You want to try to get the OCs on these to recall the collector (assuming they still own the debt) in exchange for full payment if they wont then you want to offer the CA a PFD. One other thing dont contact them unless you can pay in full if these are still inside states SOL as they can still use the courts to get a judgment. Good luck Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.