cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do? CRA wrong verification info!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

What to do? CRA wrong verification info!

I'm trying to get into my husband's Equifax Credit report to do an online dispute and it gives me this for verification when I say NO to all of them because we don't have any of this and it doesn't show any of this on the credit check total trial I did! It says 

"The information you provided does not match our records so we are unable to process your request online.

Please FAX your dispute and a copy of your driver's license to 888 826-0549."

What do I do?? 

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do? CRA wrong verification info!

Does your husband have a relatively common name? It sounds like his file has gotten merged with someone elses. Its not an uncommon occurance.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me. I called Equifax and explained the situation. I had to confirm some info like address and a few CC accounts. The rep was super nice and not only mailed me a hard copy of my report but also gave me a confirmation number to go back and access my report online. I would suggest having him call them.
Message 3 of 5
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Do you happen to know what the phone number is??
Starting all over again!
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kennerchick wrote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know what the phone number is??

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/m-p/407647

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.