Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do, HSBS account reporting 3 times

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do, HSBS account reporting 3 times

Today i pulled my credit report and saw that my old HSBC account is reporting 3 times, 1-as a capital one judgement, 2- HSBC charge off, 3-portfolio recovery collection account. Is it normal, or should i start disputing this as soon as possible and which exactly entries should i dispute. Any advice would be appreciated
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to do, HSBS account reporting 3 times

Hi,

I will share what I did in a similar situation. All three bureaus had 2 accounts (same account) listed for me; the original creditor and a collection account. I disputed both with all 3, two deleted both accounts, and, of course, Experian only deleted the collection account. The original creditor, whom I paid but they never reported it, falls off next month, so I'm just waiting. I would dispute all three accounts and see what their investigations come back with,. My assumption is that the judgement will stay but the other two might be deleted. Someone else may have better advice/attack plan as I'm rusty on these matters. As always YMMV. Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is proper for multiple derogs to report on the same debt/account.

It is no different than reporting a 30-late followed by a 60-late.

The debt was charged-off by the creditor, then they obtained a judgment, and decided to assign the debt for collection assistance.

Each are legit and separate derogs.  There is no inaccuracy upon which to base a dispute.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Today i pulled my credit report and saw that my old HSBC account is reporting 3 times, 1-as a capital one judgement, 2- HSBC charge off, 3-portfolio recovery collection account. Is it normal, or should i start disputing this as soon as possible and which exactly entries should i dispute. Any advice would be appreciated

Yup - perfectly normal and legal. Thats why Charge offs are the worst thing to have. They spawn multiple derogs, if not paid.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answers, i guess i should have been more specific. I anderstand this could be a showing of the account history, but as far as i understand it's supposed to show 0 balance, and have remarks such as charged off, sold to another lender etc. Which it does not, both initial account and portfolio collections report as open and have balance. I did submit the disputes with 3 CRAs and will keep posted. Thank you
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.