Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do Medical Collection

Hello,

This is my first post of my own but have been a long time lurker of the forum and I would like to say thank you to all the information shared here.  Now on to my question I'm currently trying to improve my scores for a mortgage, I have a collection account from 2011 with IC Systems that i was recently trying to PFD this account is only reporting to 2 of the 3 agencies, the issue is when I talk then they cannot find my account by name and address they want social but I'm not that comfortable giving it over the phone.  i've called 4 numbers they gave me and nobody can find me in system what should my next step as im kind of in a time crunch?  TYIA

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: What to do Medical Collection

Is there a number associated with it on your credit report? If so they should be able to find it that way.
If not, then dispute it and see if it updates.

I have no first hand experience with them, but I have read a lot of comments from people who say they were successful in getting PFD with this CA.  

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do Medical Collection

In this case I would send the CA a DV, (certified mail) your name and address only never give any ID info its up to them to find it and if they cant then they must delete their TL.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.