Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about Citi/Home Depot?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do about Citi/Home Depot?

Hi everyone,

needing guidance. We had an account through Citi/Home Depot that was on a debt management plan. We were late on a couple payments so we were sent to a CA. We tried to PFD the CA but they would not accept our offers. So we contacted the DMP company to see if we could pay the CA through them. The DMP company actually got an agreement with Citi and we were back on the plan. We started to pay the extra again to the DMP company and I assumed (stupidly) that the extra was going to HD but apparently it hasn't. I called the DMP company and they are looking into it but are not sure what happened, it shows a $0 balance with HD-which I know isn't true. Just pulled the CR and it shows as a charge off now. We haven't received a call from any CAs yet but I am assuming that's coming now. Not sure what to do, hoping that the DMP company can work it out, but if not I'm not sure what to do. Would a PFD to Citi be the best plan? Should we try to deal with them directly before it gets sent to a CA? When we originally were sent to a CA, I did DV the CA just as initial thing and we were sent the records so obviously this is not disputable. Uggghh! I just want this taken care of! Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do about Citi/Home Depot?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

needing guidance. We had an account through Citi/Home Depot that was on a debt management plan. We were late on a couple payments so we were sent to a CA. We tried to PFD the CA but they would not accept our offers. So we contacted the DMP company to see if we could pay the CA through them. The DMP company actually got an agreement with Citi and we were back on the plan. We started to pay the extra again to the DMP company and I assumed (stupidly) that the extra was going to HD but apparently it hasn't. I called the DMP company and they are looking into it but are not sure what happened, it shows a $0 balance with HD-which I know isn't true. Just pulled the CR and it shows as a charge off now. We haven't received a call from any CAs yet but I am assuming that's coming now. Not sure what to do, hoping that the DMP company can work it out, but if not I'm not sure what to do. Would a PFD to Citi be the best plan? Should we try to deal with them directly before it gets sent to a CA? When we originally were sent to a CA, I did DV the CA just as initial thing and we were sent the records so obviously this is not disputable. Uggghh! I just want this taken care of! Any help would be appreciated!

If Citi has this back, that might work. But...even if they won't PFD, you might be better off paying them so that another collection account doesn't show up.

I don't think I'd be counting on my DMP company to fix this. Sounds as if you messed it up...the DMP company fixed it...and then they messed it up. I can understand why Citi may have lost its patience.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

If Citi has this back, that might work. But...even if they won't PFD, you might be better off paying them so that another collection account doesn't show up.

I don't think I'd be counting on my DMP company to fix this. Sounds as if you messed it up...the DMP company fixed it...and then they messed it up. I can understand why Citi may have lost its patience.

Yes, I'm really disappointed in the DMP because as far as I know, it is one of the few trustworthy DMP companies around. When all of this initially started, we tried to work with HD but they would not work with us. I guess we can try again, but it seemed like they were more willing to work with the DMP company.

Message 3 of 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Is the DMP company giving you any hope that they can resolve this? What are they doing?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.