Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about Experian...

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

What to do about Experian...

So, back in February 2007, I paid off a state tax lien in the amount of $566. To this day, October 14, 2014, this "state tax lien" is still showing up on my Experian credit report...Equifax and TransUnion both removed the item years ago when I submitted my dispute. Experian however, is still claiming they've "verified as accurate" the item in my credit file. Frustrating. So, I called the tax assessor's office today in the state where the lien was filed and after a few questions regarding my identity and providing the "court document number", the person I spoke to told me that this "lien" doesn't exist anywhere in their records and if I paid it off in February 2007, there's absolutely no way possible that Experian could have "verified as accurate" the item in question...because it doesn't exist in their database. I called Experian and cannot for the life of me talk to a human being. I'm told by the robot on the other end of the phone that I have to "obtain" my current Experian credit report from them before I can submit a dispute...for $14.95 includes your "Experian" score and for the basic report without the score it's $10. There has got to be a better alternative to disputing an item in my credit file. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to do about Experian...

CFPB compliant pronto: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Remember: Bullet points, get to the facts, and be ready to back it up.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.