cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about a collection from Enhanced Recovery?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do about a collection from Enhanced Recovery?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This wasn't my fault either, while the ATT acount was in my name, my mom was responsible for paying the bill. Well, she decieded not to pay and I never knew about it until it popped up on my report, by then it was too late and being it's my mom, I can't get too mad Smiley Sad

I called ATT yesterday and they will accept payment. I'm going to call them again today and see if they can remove the collection. If not then there would not be any point in me paying for anything as the collection will still show, even if it is a $0 balance. 

If there is no rush to remove this you can wait them out - ATT will rotate their bad account through a list of collectors about every six months. Once they move it to a new collector, you can pay it before the new collector reports it. I got rid of DirecTV that way. I would have gotten rid of ATT as well, but I didn't realize the CA had changed and I waited too long.

Interesting, so maybe that's why the first CA stopped reporting and it fell off for several months. So if they rotate every six months and I make a payment to ATT while iT is off, then it cannot go to collections again, correct?

That is correct. In my case, with DirecTV, It was being reported by Diversified Consultants, and I got a dunning notice for the DirecTV bill one day from AFNI. It said on the bill that I could pay DirecTV directly if I wished. I did that, then I disputed the item from Diversified as "collector does not have collection authority" and it was deleted. AFNI never reported because I paid the bill before thery did so.

You want to watch for a notice from a new collector - sometimes the old one does not delete right away.

Ok now that you said that name, AFNI, that was the first CA that I saw on my report months ago. Then I think some time in May/June I got an alert that the CA has been deleted. So now it is with ER. 

I think they're sending the CA letter to my moms address, which is not where I live so I'll have to check with her. 

But if what you're saying is true, I'll wait for it to get removed in the rotation, which I hope is true, then pay ATT directly the balance. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might consider submitting a forwarding order with the post office for your name only - just in case.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Corp recently lost all collection authority and any accounts held by them or showing up on credit reports can be deleted simply by filing a dispute with CRA's.
Message 13 of 20
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Enhanced Recovery Corp recently lost all collection authority and any accounts held by them or showing up on credit reports can be deleted simply by filing a dispute with CRA's.

That's interesting. I disputed them for a sprint bill on my Transunion report which is actually not mine and got a response Friday it was verified. 

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About a year ago I got dinged for an old ATT bill from a collection company, I don't recall the name of it. However, back in April it seemed to have been deleted from my credit reports without me doing anything. Then, yesterday, I got an alert that Enhanced is now reporting the collection for the ATT account. A couple of questions:

If I paid ATT directly would ATT remove the collection?

Would Enhanced Recovery do a PFD? I don't even know my account number with them as I never recieved any letter in the mail from them. I'd hate to call and give them my SS#.

Not sure what to do here..

Thanks

I had a collection with ERC for AT&T as well.  I paid AT&T directly and asked that they recall the collection from ERC and they agreed (did it on chat so I would have record) It took a few months and a dispute with the CRA after it was paid to ensure it was removed - but it is gone now.  My understanding from what I have read is that AT&T cannot "require" ERC to stop reporting, but in my case it worked.  Good luck, I hope it all turns out well! 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unique620 - Are they headquartered in Florida? That's the one I'm referring to.

Check this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/UPDATE-How-to-handle-Enhanced-Recovery-Compan...
Message 16 of 20
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Unique620 - Are they headquartered in Florida? That's the one I'm referring to.

Check this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/UPDATE-How-to-handle-Enhanced-Recovery-Company/td-p/4386084

Yes. They are ☹️

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 2 months ago I sent a PFD letter to them saying I'd pay the full payment for delete. I never got a response. So, this is interesting. I got an alert a few weeks ago that my score has changed. Logged in and saw it shot up nearly 30 points, I figured a collection had been removed. Ordered a new report and ERC is no longer reporting. I waited a few days, then paid ATT directly what was owed. I called ATT to inquire and to make sure my payment has posted to them, which it has, and they said they would notifty ERC that it has been paid since they still have the account. This was on the like the 28th of Sept. So far I have not had the collection pop back up, which I am really hoping it does not or I would have saved myself the almost $400. I hope I caught it during the collection cycle, even though the rep from ATT said it was still with ERC..

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will not pop up as a "paid collection"..

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About 2 months ago I sent a PFD letter to them saying I'd pay the full payment for delete. I never got a response. So, this is interesting. I got an alert a few weeks ago that my score has changed. Logged in and saw it shot up nearly 30 points, I figured a collection had been removed. Ordered a new report and ERC is no longer reporting. I waited a few days, then paid ATT directly what was owed. I called ATT to inquire and to make sure my payment has posted to them, which it has, and they said they would notifty ERC that it has been paid since they still have the account. This was on the like the 28th of Sept. So far I have not had the collection pop back up, which I am really hoping it does not or I would have saved myself the almost $400. I hope I caught it during the collection cycle, even though the rep from ATT said it was still with ERC..

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will not pop up as a "paid collection"..

ERC was possibly preparing to send it back to AT&T....

Message 19 of 20
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I want to chime in here on paying the OC rather than a CA . 

I had a medical that I dealt with the OC on and when I pd the OC, they immediately had the CA to "pull" back from the CRA'S from reporting!  

It took a few months,  but, it did work!  

I got an email and a letter from the CA saying they would delete the account and would NO LONGER report ! They told me it could take until their next reporting period OR...I could dispute it and they would not verify it ! 

So, it does work !!

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.