cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about these delinquencies?

tag
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

Re: What to do about these delinquencies?

For a better chance of success, I would send the email to the CEO, which is what I did. I didn't include a copy of my credit report. Deleting something from your credit report is a personal choice on their part, so they don't need a copy of anything to prove anything. I don't think having two accounts will complicate things. Just make sure you include both account numbers in your letter.

Starting Score: EQ 558 TU 534 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 642 TU 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Oh, all right.

Would you mind providing the address to send the letter to? The only address I have from last time appears to be a standard customer service address.

Message 12 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MarcoMP3 wrote:
GW letters are opened to anyone, even if the account is open or closed. I sent out the GW letter to Citibank's CEO after my accounts had already been transferred to Sallie Mae. I originally asked for the entire tradeline to be deleted, but instead they told me they were going to remove ALL lates and bad marks from the account and report it with a current status of "paid as agreed", closed with $0 balance. Which according to some members here, is better. I would ask for an entire tradeline deletion first. The lates were all in one year! Don't know how that is possible. Lol

It is better and here's why. If you get the negatives all removed this account will once again be in good standing and will report for up to 10 years (longer if you're lucky) after the closing date. This will help both your AAoA and credit length history.

If the entire TL is deleted you lose all that history. My advice is to always ask for just the deletion of delinquencies first. It won't make anything worse simply by asking and if lthey say yes you are better off. If they dig in their heels about deleting just the kates then at least you tried.

But once the TL is gone it's gone forever.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 19
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

Check your PM

Starting Score: EQ 558 TU 534 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 642 TU 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
DarkScythe
Valued Member

I understand it's better to have the tradeline stay there and be clean, but if they won't budge, would it be preferable to have them remove the tradeline entirely rather than leave the lates, or no?

Message 15 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DarkScythe wrote:

I understand it's better to have the tradeline stay there and be clean, but if they won't budge, would it be preferable to have them remove the tradeline entirely rather than leave the lates, or no?

Only you can make that final decision. Have you had anymore negatives since these 4 year old lates? If not I personally would leave them be but that's just me. I'm very patient when it comes to credit repair and credit in general.

If you have had other negatives since these then I probably would go ahead and attempt to have the TL deleted.

But as you have seen there are lots of different views. Only you can say which one you think might work best for you. Good luck in whatever you decide.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 16 of 19
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Very true.

I can try to request a deletion of only the lates first, but I was trying to see which had a higher chance of success. I figured going through and removing specific lates might involve more work than simply deleting everything, and they might not go for it for that reason. I will think about what to do whle I draft another GW letter today.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

MarcoMP3 could you please PM me a contact for the CEO of Citibank also?Im in the exact same situation where I have multiple lates reporting to Citi on a loan that has been closed and sold to Sallie Mae.I would REALLY appreciate it!!!Thank You!!!

Message 18 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I have this exact same problem currenlty with ACS.  The actual lenders are all reporting paid as agreed now but ACS is refusing to.  They said that because they were servicing the loan at the time, they are allowed to report it as late and even though I completed student loan rehab, only the lenders are required to report it as positive.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.