Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do after failed goodwill campaign

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do after failed goodwill campaign

So I have a few baddies holding my scores back from what they could be right now. A synchrony bank American Eagle card for $160 a TD Bank Target Red Card for $400, a collection for $3090. All are paid in full and I have been aggressively sending goodwill letters for about 6 months with no results.
Target has sent one letter back asking to send proof of inaccurate info in order to adjust.
Synchrony has told me no 4 times and on the 5th asked me to stop sending letters lol
Haven't heard anything from the collection agency. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get these off? They're all from summer 2013 and have been paid in full for about two years now. I hate thinking they're gonna be on reports til 2020 but it is what it is and I understand that might be the case.
To the expert goodwillers: share your advice help me out!!!!!!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What to do after failed goodwill campaign

Have you been sending your letters to their general correspondence addres, or have you obtained the name of an upper-management official and tried a personal request to one who has the authority to grant exceptions to their normal policy?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sent my synchrony gws to their office of the CEO. Target was an address for credit inquiries I couldn't find anything on a TD Bank CEO or EO. And the collection agency is just to their general address I have no idea how to find an EO for a smaller collection agency
Message 3 of 26
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Other then trying to send them to upper management officials, there may not be much else you can do, but to keep trying or settle for it being what it is. It's unfortunate, but you've done just about what you can on your end.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically how long to you wait after sending a goodwill letter?  Do you usually get correspondence through a letter or do you have to call the creditor yourself? 

Message 5 of 26
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I am being a PITA to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and sending email GW requests to executives as often as I feel like it. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

FP also told me to stop emailing them and from now on emails would go unanswered. So I made a new email address and send them more often. Lol. And once they say they won't respond to them again I'll create another. Someone will eventually answer. They may say no 1000 times but all You need is one person to say yes. You'll never get a yes if I don't keep trying.
My one account with FP took about 4 months for a yes.
Message 7 of 26
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FP also told me to stop emailing them and from now on emails would go unanswered. So I made a new email address and send them more often. Lol. And once they say they won't respond to them again I'll create another. Someone will eventually answer. They may say no 1000 times but all You need is one person to say yes. You'll never get a yes if I don't keep trying.
My one account with FP took about 4 months for a yes.

FP?

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

First premier
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One responded to my latest gw attempt earlier this week by saying no is their final decision. So I bought stamps today. I figure I'll try the snail mail route on my next round. All we can do is be persistent by trying to get it in the hands.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.