Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if CRA's don't remove?

tag
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

What to do if CRA's don't remove?

Hello Guys, I have 3 accounts that have been paid and CA have sent me receipt and requested deletion to the CRA, but yet waiting to be removed. I have contacted CA and they informed me that they have requested deletion and that they will do it again. If this doesn't work for the second time that they do it electronically, what should I do to remove it? Thanks in advance

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do if CRA's don't remove?

@Fresh101 wrote:

Hello Guys, I have 3 accounts that have been paid and CA have sent me receipt and requested deletion to the CRA, but yet waiting to be removed. I have contacted CA and they informed me that they have requested deletion and that they will do it again. If this doesn't work for the second time that they do it electronically, what should I do to remove it? Thanks in advance

Send a copy of the deletion letter in your dispute to the CRA.

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

How long ago did they send the request to delete ?   Requests can take a few weeks, or long sometimes, before they will go through...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

One of the account was sent approx. 3 months ago and the other one was sent like a month ago. Both account resubmitted on January 6th for deletion. When do you think I should expect changes before I continue to a different approach to getting this accounts removed?

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would be patient and wait for the debt collector to report the deletion.  Put the pressure on them, not the CRA.

The debt collector merely has to send a deletion to the CRA, without reasons.

If you contact the CRA, you would most likely have to present your reasons why assert that  they must delete.  If the debt collector "agreement" resulted from a PFD, then your reason offered to the CRA would be their agreement to delete in exchange for payment.  The CRAs have a written policy that creditors and debt collectors should NOT report deletion based on payment of the debt.  By entering into the tangle yourself, you raise the reason for deletion as an issue, and ask the CRA to support you in a practice that is directly contrary to their written policy. 

In my opinion, I would make all effort to simply have the debt collector fulfill their promise, and delay asking for CRA involvement.

Message 5 of 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Usually it does take some time for the CRA's to delete but.....

I had a medical collection on my CR that was billed in error

to me (accounts off by 1 number) the CA sent EQ weekly

requests to delete and nothing happened, until the CA called

the business # for EQ and talked to a live rep, according to

EQ, the wong info was being sent by E-Oscar.

Give it about 60 days, follow up with EQ ask if a delete has been submitted for

that account and if not call the CA back and ask nicely if they would be willing

to call the business office for EQ and take care of it that way.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 7
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.