Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next.

tag
blackz151

What to do next.

Hello,

I have been looking at the gorums for quite some time now and have been getting some great info. My question is there. I claimed chap. 7 a year ago in feb. When I did I kept my car loan and it has been paid on time in full snice day one so that should be helping with my score. I have a capital one secured card for 5 months that has been paid in full all execpt one month. Question is where do I go from here. Is there any other easier cards I should try to get to help? Or should I just keep what I have for now paying them off till things get better.  Thanks in Advance for the info. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do next.

Welcome to the forums!

What are you looking for? Another positive tradeline? You could try the fingerhut fresh start program. I did and it's reporting monthly as it should. Also, wells fargo and bank of america have secured cards as well. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
blackz151

Thank you! I dont really know where I'm looking to go. Just want to rebuild my credit the right way and not screw it up this time Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@blackz151 wrote:

Thank you! I dont really know where I'm looking to go. Just want to rebuild my credit the right way and not screw it up this time Smiley Happy

Well, you'll find everything you need (mostly everything) on here to get you started and on the right track!

Good luck! If you decide to go the fingerhut route, just so you know your 30$ down payment does not count toward your first report, so after your first statement cuts that's when it starts to report to your credit. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 5
blackz151

Cool! Thanks for the info I was looking into that as we speak.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.