Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?

Hey fellow fico members! Well the last five months I have been rebuilding my credit. I started with 10 CO accounts all prior to 2013 and currently I am down to 5. Two of which fall off in a few months. Since March I have had two secured cards BCU $200, US BANK $300, Chase freedom approved for $2500- have a prior relationship with chase a car loan paid off with no Kate's 08-14 and a mortgage with them 08- current both never late, Barclay Apply Rewards $1000 and Barclay Frontier for $1000. I have closed my BCU secured card and my question is should I close my US Bank card? It's secured and only $300? Btw my utilization averages between 1-10 percent each month. Mostly due to two vacations between July and August and utilized Freedoms 5 percent on cash back. I have apped for Amex and Discover and received no love from them. TU score at 600, Ex 656 and Eq at 645- not Fiko scored lol scored from pulls. Should I try and App for more or garden to boost my score?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey fellow fico members! Well the last five months I have been rebuilding my credit. I started with 10 CO accounts all prior to 2013 and currently I am down to 5. Two of which fall off in a few months. Since March I have had two secured cards BCU $200, US BANK $300, Chase freedom approved for $2500- have a prior relationship with chase a car loan paid off with no Kate's 08-14 and a mortgage with them 08- current both never late, Barclay Apply Rewards $1000 and Barclay Frontier for $1000. I have closed my BCU secured card and my question is should I close my US Bank card? It's secured and only $300? Btw my utilization averages between 1-10 percent each month. Mostly due to two vacations between July and August and utilized Freedoms 5 percent on cash back. I have apped for Amex and Discover and received no love from them. TU score at 600, Ex 656 and Eq at 645- not Fiko scored lol scored from pulls. Should I try and App for more or garden to boost my score?

I believe the US Bank secured account terms are that if you keep the card in good standing for 12 months, you can have them close it and open an unsecured line for the same limit. I would garden until that 12 months is up.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?

us bank only upgrades secured cards at 12 months :/ guess I'm keeping it in my sock drawer for now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.