I have all around 595-600 real fico scores
I have
Discover 0/1000
Capital one QS 0/300
Closed:
Wellsfargo 800/1100
Barclays 1250/1500
Us bank 600/700
I am paying off the Wells Fargo and us bank cards on the 31st and the Barclays on the 15th
I have lates on all three of the closed cards
Should I call and offer full payment for deleting or fixing the lates? I know it's a long shot and I plan on goodwill letters
Also my deposit for a citi secured card got taken out so I imagine I will hear from them today or tomorrow
Thanks guys
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do next?

@Anonymouswrote:
Hi guys,
I'm slowly rebuilding my credit and just wanted some advice
I have all around 595-600 real fico scores
I have
Discover 0/1000
Capital one QS 0/300
Closed:
Wellsfargo 800/1100
Barclays 1250/1500
Us bank 600/700
I am paying off the Wells Fargo and us bank cards on the 31st and the Barclays on the 15th
I have lates on all three of the closed cards
Should I call and offer full payment for deleting or fixing the lates? I know it's a long shot and I plan on goodwill letters
Also my deposit for a citi secured card got taken out so I imagine I will hear from them today or tomorrow
Thanks guys

No I would not try that full payment for the fix unless these are charged off accounts. You will want one of your open cards to report a small balance each month once those others are PIF. All revolvers at 0 is a Fico 8 score decrease. Begin your GW letter campaign to the office of the CEO of each account you have a CO or late with once they show PIF. Welcome to the board and good luck Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.

I called citi bank and they said they are finalizing the application and I should be getting my card in the next two weeks so ill have 

0/200 Citi Secured

0/1000 Discover IT and 

0/300 Capital One QS

I will be able to have all my credit card debt paid off by the 15th of April.

At this point I will just stick with these cards and try and get as many lates from wellsfargo and us bank taken off. The rest are 3 30 day lates on barclay and I have a 90 on discover Ill try and GW. Fingers crossed. I did a simulation and just from paying the CC I should have all 3 scores around 685 or so.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the Citi Secured card so ill have that and my discover IT and my Capital One QS card.

Time to garden and take care of badies

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.