Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

What to do next?

Been working on my credit for a year and a half. Credit scores exp 615, equifax 558, trans 539. The bad - 1 paid judgement from 2011 for $300 and I can't get it removed in our state. 2 charge offs from 2011 and early 2012 JC Penney $650 and US bank for $1150. 22 collections all but one company paid and reading as paid. The unpaid company has 9 accounts and has refused PFD of any kind. I am afraid to contact them as they are hard to deal with and will sue. I have 2 student loans for $5300 that are current and my son'r car is on my CR for $2800. I have one secured card for $200 that I use judiciously each month. How can I raise my score and what next. I am discouraged.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Re: What to do next?

Maybe another secured or 2.  Ive read on here that 3 is optimal and of course ive seen ppl say to make sure your CC dont report any more than 9%.  Also are the charged off CC payed off.  That could make your utilization real bad.

Message 2 of 4
trc1962
Regular Contributor

charge offs are not paid off. Would it help me greatly if I did? The concern is they have added horrible fees to the balance, way above what was owed. If it would help I would consider paying, but whenever I pay an account off it kills my credit score, not helps it. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@trc1962 wrote:

charge offs are not paid off. Would it help me greatly if I did? The concern is they have added horrible fees to the balance, way above what was owed. If it would help I would consider paying, but whenever I pay an account off it kills my credit score, not helps it. Thanks!

It would help because they are still reporting a balance which is counting toward your ulitization. But it would also help MORE if they were deleted after being paid. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.