Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with collections not reporting on credit

tag
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

What to do with collections not reporting on credit

For the past year I've been working really hard on my credit and have just joined the message boards. I worked with Sky Blue to dispute negative items on my credit. I got a bunch removed, only have 6 collections left all total around $2000. I have already rebuilt my credit some too. In the past year I have gotten 1 auto loan, 3 credit cards, and 2 store cards. For the collections I have left I was going to pay the newest ones first and let the older ones drop off if I don't have the funds to pay by the time I get to them. Recently I've gotten 2 collection letters that are not reporting on my credit. What should I do with them? Pay them before and if they show up?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What to do with collections not reporting on credit

If they aren't reporting yet, I would send them a DV letter to put in place a cease collections bar. 

Does the letter say anything about if you pay by this time we won't report?

Are they yours?  Are they inside you states suing SOL?

Message 2 of 6
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Nope, they say nothing about being reported by a certain date. Yes, they are mine I believe just not sure on the dates.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you know they are yours you could just ask them to pay for not reporting.

Message 4 of 6
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Yes, my experience so far is that paying before they are reported will keep them from reporting. However, you should definitely ask them NOT to report.

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 5 of 6
solstice00
Regular Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:

Yes, my experience so far is that paying before they are reported will keep them from reporting. However, you should definitely ask them NOT to report.

+1 on that. i have had a similar experience.

As soon as I got the letter, I paid up. 

It was never reported.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.