Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with these medical bills?

tag
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

What to do with these medical bills?

I currently have 3 medical bills in collection in the amount of $1,816. I am not able to pay this in full at the moment. Is there any way I can PFD for half of this amount if so how much can I offer? These will be deleted 2016 but would love to have these removed before than. Thanks.
Samsung mobile
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Eightiron
Contributor

Re: What to do with these medical bills?

You can certainly contact the CA and offer a portion of the money in exchange for delete.  It may not be as effective as pay in full, but it may work.  You also might consider trying PFD one account at a time.  

Are they all with the same CA?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 2 of 5
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Yes same CA.
Samsung mobile
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can contact the OC and see if they still own the debt.  If they do ask about some type of financial aid.

If they have it and can write of the debt they would need to get the accounts back from the CA as no debt would be owed.

If they say it is too late for that ask them if they can have the CA return the debt to them (they would then have to delete) and you pay the OC directly.

Message 4 of 5
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Okay thanks @guiness56 I will try that.
Samsung mobile
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.