Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with this Acct?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do with this Acct?

I have a Kay jeweler's account on my credit. I need to get it off. It is fairly new in a charged off status as of the end of the year. Should I try for a PFD after I PIF. It is still with the OC am I wasting my time? Any ideas on how to fix this situation and help my score a little.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with this Acct?

Offer a PFD before you PIF.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the account???...usually PFDing COs may hurt more than help because of the history...see if they will remoove all late notations and CO status in exchange for PIF...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks I will try to get them to remove the late status for a pif. If not then i guess I will PFD. You guys are great thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

you didn't say it was late, you said it was CO. you should ask to remove the CO - which might be harder than deleting the account.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks So i will first try to see if i can PIF to get the CO removed. Then if that fails i will go with the PFD PIF. Thanks again for all the information. I didnt even know if it was an option to approch them to remove the CO.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.