cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
Tallfish0919

What to do?

So ive been working on my credit as a hobby for the past 2 years, ive been able to get some things deleted or changed.... but now im stuck on my last two things which are Capital One and Firdt Premier both CO's but ive paid them in full back in 2011. Ive written multiple times only to get denied.... ive seen a couple sucess stories but ive tried multiple address and emails and always come up short handed.... running out of ideas. Id really like to get a house for my family in the near future. Any ideas on ways to proceed?

Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to do?

I have a couple of late payments with Capital One dating back to early 2011 that I have been trying to get removed.  I've tried everything I can find too and they won't budge.  

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What to do?

I would suggest the argument that a charge-off is their reporting that, at that prior point in time, they determined that you were not going to pay the debt.

Once you do pay the debt, while their prior determination is caste in stone and does not require deletion, it would more properly reflect upon you as a consumer that the implication that you stiff your debts has now been shown to not be the case.  You were simply going through temporary bad times, and met your obligation.

Thus, deletion of the negative would more accurately reflect upon you as a consumer who meets their obligation, albiet a bit late.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.