Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
afijunkie
Contributor

What to do?

I would like to get my scores above 700 within the next year or so..Hopefully. My scores are: TransUnion: 656 Equifax: 650 Experian: 656 Accounts: Amex Delta Gold - CL 2000 - opened in Jan 08 Capital MC - CL 750 - opened Jan 08 Dell - CL 1500 Discover Plat (AU) - CL 4700 Nordstroms - CL 1000 balance 740, opened in Jun 08 Car Loan - 9700 pay off amount I have 1 collection from 2003 ($174). I also have an unpaid CO from 2004($1665). I want to pay off the CO, but i am not sure where to go from there.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do?

Hi and Welcome! Your questions are more in line with rebuilding/repair than CCs, so I'm going to move your thread to the Rebuilding Your Credit forum.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

afijunkie wrote:
I would like to get my scores above 700 within the next year or so..Hopefully. My scores are: TransUnion: 656 Equifax: 650 Experian: 656

Accounts:
Amex Delta Gold - CL 2000 - opened in Jan 08
Capital MC - CL 750 - opened Jan 08
Dell - CL 1500
Discover Plat (AU) - CL 4700
Nordstroms - CL 1000 balance 740, opened in Jun 08

Are these all open, in good standing, no negative marks, accounts? Most were opened this year, once they reach their 1st bday, I think you'll get a few points.

You only list a balance on 1, is that the only one with a balance? You want less than half of your accounts to report a balance and your overall util below 9%, but at least 1%.

Car Loan - 9700 pay off amount

Anything negative?

I have 1 collection from 2003 ($174).

What is the DOFD, DOLA, and SOL? You can find SOL here-

Who is reporting the collection, the CA or OC? What type of debt is it(credit card, medical, etc)?

Depending on the above answers as to how to proceed with this.

I also have an unpaid CO from 2004($1665). I want to pay off the CO, but i am not sure where to go from there.

Who is reporting the CO? What is DOFD, DOLA, and SOL? What type of debt?

Message 3 of 4
afijunkie
Contributor

Yes sidewinder all the accounts are open with no bad marks on the accounts. The Cap1 account recently got a CL increase from 500 to 750.
The nordstroms account is the only one carrying a balance, but the CO i have from 2003 is 1665, so that affects my utility.
I have no negative pts from the car loan, i have paid on time every time.

The collection is from Comcast, the DOLA is August 2003, i believe the SOL is 4 years in CA. Also a CA is reporting the collection not the OC.

The CO is an old CC debt and the DOLA is May 2005.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.