cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do??

tag
dooger2001

What to do??

I've paid off all my debt and collections. Went from a 520 score to a 640 score inside one year. A big help was facing my collectors and paying them off in full. I had 7 collections as well as missed 4 payments on my B of A card ($8,000 balance in 2010 and now closed and $500 away from paying off). I have been current on my B of A payments since October 2013. At $150/month I am payiing the installments on-time until the loan is paid off completely. Hopefully it shows I am responsible (again) and can pay my debts on time.

Whare am I now? I am left with one lonely Cap One card...$1,500 limit. Cap One is the only act left that has faith in me. My last collection was paid off in March of 2014. Pretty recent. My 4 missed payments happened in 2013.

I am on a crusade to bring up my credit score. Part of my strategy is to re-open new lines of credit but most will not touch me (tried for Citi/Sears and they declined me right-quick).  

How long must I wait and what should I be doing during this wait period to maximize my credit repair?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do??

@dooger2001 wrote:

I've paid off all my debt and collections. Went from a 520 score to a 640 score inside one year. A big help was facing my collectors and paying them off in full. I had 7 collections as well as missed 4 payments on my B of A card ($8,000 balance in 2010 and now closed and $500 away from paying off). I have been current on my B of A payments since October 2013. At $150/month I am payiing the installments on-time until the loan is paid off completely. Hopefully it shows I am responsible (again) and can pay my debts on time.

Whare am I now? I am left with one lonely Cap One card...$1,500 limit. Cap One is the only act left that has faith in me. My last collection was paid off in March of 2014. Pretty recent. My 4 missed payments happened in 2013.

I am on a crusade to bring up my credit score. Part of my strategy is to re-open new lines of credit but most will not touch me (tried for Citi/Sears and they declined me right-quick).  

How long must I wait and what should I be doing during this wait period to maximize my credit repair?

You need to add 2 more revolving bankcards ASAP, go after secured cards if you have to, check with your local CUs and you can join St Dept FCU, if you put the funds in your savings with them and then CALL them to open the secured card its a SP. I would also start GW letters to all of your paid collections to get them off your reports. Good luck in your continuing journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're going to need a couple more revolvers to get max benefit.  Those account for 35% of your score.  Maybe a couple more secured cards for 6 months or so will put you in a much better position.  And I'm betting that it would.  While letting those accounts age, keep cleaning your score.  You could be in the low to mid 700s in less than a year.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Darn that gdale6 guy is fast!!!  lol

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.