Did you mean: 

What to do????

tag
belvictoria
New Contributor

What to do????

I just received an alert from score watch...not what I was expecting Smiley Mad

there was a collection reporting on my CR

I called the Original Company and asked the collection be pulled back and I would pay them the full amount, they agreed and even sent me a letter stating this

My credit report it is now showing the collection account as paid, not removed as was agreed...

I'm not what I should (other than cry)

Any suggestions as to what I should do to get this collection removed?

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: What to do????

Hi Belvictoria. I'm just posting to make it appear on top.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 6
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I would ask to speak with a supervisor to get this resolved. Look for ANY and ALL errors on this acct including dates.

If that doesn't help contact Consumer Protection if you were unaware of this bill and/or any info associated with it including inaccuracies and file a complaint. CA do NOT like Big Bro breathing down their neck!
Message 3 of 6
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@belvictoria wrote:

I just received an alert from score watch...not what I was expecting Smiley Mad

there was a collection reporting on my CR

I called the Original Company and asked the collection be pulled back and I would pay them the full amount, they agreed and even sent me a letter stating this

My credit report it is now showing the collection account as paid, not removed as was agreed...

I'm not what I should (other than cry)

Any suggestions as to what I should do to get this collection removed?

Call the OC and remind them of their deal to have cancelled the collection not just update it to paid, if they refuse then use that letter and file a complaint with the BBB for shoddy business practices on the OC. Most OCs will do what is right once they are reminded of what they put in writing, none of them really wants to deal with the BBB.

Message 5 of 6
belvictoria
New Contributor

Good information! Thank you!

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.