Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
bwtippit
Established Member

What to do?

I have a house loan but with first the economy then divorce I had two time periods with Derog and been clean since divorce for going on 2 years.
I started trying to rebuild my credit in October when I had a average of 550. I was able to get a car loan ($13,000 Capital One) which was a good bump. Then in early December I was able to get a Jared's card for $500 and even though I put $450 on the card at the time I still got a bump, the last $50 will be paid today. Next I was able to get a Care CC about 2 weeks ago for $2000 which gave me a good bump. My ave. Now is 630 with EX being the high at 648.

The last couple of days I've app for Marriott rewards then the next day I app for AMEX everyday, both had review would notify in 7 to 10 days. I'm not feeling good about that. What should I do, should I app for one more then rest?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
bwtippit
Established Member

Re: What to do?

I got got to say they each pulled my credit lucky from EX 648 lol.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are setting your sights a little high for the moment. I would suggest going to the Cap One prequal page, and see what you qualify for. You need to get a couple of bank cards to round out your profile and Cap One is a good builder/rebuilder card. Since Cap One allows multiple accounts, you should apply for two cards.

Message 3 of 19
bwtippit
Established Member

I can't do Capital One since my now ex-wife had opened cards under my name and let them go bad. After I found out about it I tried to get it resolved but it had been sold to personal recovery services which isn't reported on my CR. They also told me there is nothing they can do about what they reported and said that Capital One doesn't do any GW or Deletions.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bwtippit wrote:

I can't do Capital One since my now ex-wife had opened cards under my name and let them go bad. After I found out about it I tried to get it resolved but it had been sold to personal recovery services which isn't reported on my CR. They also told me there is nothing they can do about what they reported and said that Capital One doesn't do any GW or Deletions.

Capital One is actually VERY forgiving when it comes to old charge offs. They don't blacklist like many other lenders. When did the accounts go delinquent and when were they charged off? Is Capital One still reporting and showing a balance?

Message 5 of 19
bwtippit
Established Member

Well by looking at the CR is shows 2 capital card one has a date of 01/01/2011 and other was 04/16/2012. The 2011 one must be a old HSBC since I have a CA for them. I'm sending a PFD to that CA today.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH has a charge off and judgment from capital one and has been approved 2x after. i agree, try with them

Message 7 of 19
bwtippit
Established Member

So should I send a GW to the addresses for the Capital One CO?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

google capital one's EO email and send GW there

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bwtippit wrote:

So should I send a GW to the addresses for the Capital One CO?

Is it paid off? if so you can try to get a GW removal, but that will not be necessary to get new accounts. Get thee to the Pre-qual page!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.