Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect? Medical collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to expect? Medical collection

Another interesting tidbit, I pulled one of my reports from annual free credit report and it shows as cable/cellular for the type of debt. 
Message 11 of 18
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I would get something in writing from them showing what exactly all the collections are for, dates of service etc.  That way, if they are from 2010, you can dispute them with the CRA's or at least have the DOFD updated accurately.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I pulled my full report, the dofd dates are there as 2010 and 2012. They reported a second account today. 
Message 13 of 18
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

At least you know 1 is going to fall off this year.  Depending on when, you may be able to request the CRA's to remove early and then work on the one from 2012 with the CA.  What are the dates for the other 2 accounts?  Maybe make an offer on all 4 to have them not report the other 2 and remove the one from 2012?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I have been unclear, there are a total of 3.  I believe the third is from 2011.  I didn't get good notes, I was too shocked at hearing her list every symptom I had gone to the ER for. I am hoping to be able to work with the facility tomorrow when they call me back. My understanding is that since they still own the debt, they are the best option for getting this removed. 
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Came back here to update. I paid these to the original hospital (they were mine and if I paid them before, I had no proof, it was 5-7 years ago) and they have been removed from TU and EX without me doing anything else. I'm waiting to see if they disappear from Equifax.  I did mention to the billing supervisor at the hospital that the company reporting them said they were cable/cellular accounts and she asked more questions and seemed bothered by the fact that the company they assigned the debt to had passed it on to another company without their knowlwdge. They no longer assign anything to that original company and it sounds like they had a less than positive experience with them. 
Message 16 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Came back here to update. I paid these to the original hospital (they were mine and if I paid them before, I had no proof, it was 5-7 years ago) and they have been removed from TU and EX without me doing anything else. I'm waiting to see if they disappear from Equifax.  I did mention to the billing supervisor at the hospital that the company reporting them said they were cable/cellular accounts and she asked more questions and seemed bothered by the fact that the company they assigned the debt to had passed it on to another company without their knowlwdge. They no longer assign anything to that original company and it sounds like they had a less than positive experience with them. 

If they have taken away that collectors authority then they must delete their collection entry per CRA rules.

Message 17 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Report date just means that is the date they were reported. Ir has nothing to do with when the account reaches the credit reporting exclusion date.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.