Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will help my credit score more??

tag
tipofthespork
Contributor

What will help my credit score more??

Ok so here are my derogs/issues on my credit report

I'm currently using about 88% of my overall UTI. 7 CC's 2 with 0 balance.

collection reported 2/2011 for $192. In SOL. hasn't updated on my report since report date

collection reported 8/2010 for $1168. In SOL. hasn't updated on my report since report date (more on this below)

FPB charge off DOFD 7/2007 CO 12/2007 for $411 (still factoring into UTI). past SOL

PML charge off DOFD 4/2006 CO 5/2007 for $8050. past SOL

Quite frankly I'm ignoring the PML CO, it falls of in about 1 year give or take a few month and they aren't willing to work with me at all. They simply want full payment and will do nothing but update balance when paid (i know that is their right, but it's also my right to not pay them)

So I have 2 options with the money I have.

1.) I can attempt to PFD the collections for $192 and $1168, then use the rest of the money to pay down 3 of the cc's and drop my overall UTI to around 58%.

2.) I can pay down all cc's to below 50%.

Now on to my next question the collection for $1168 is from a company called Armada Corp. I sent them a DV (timely because of lack of dunning notice) and the only response I received was them asking me to provide my SSN, OC, and amount owed....which I will not do. Anything I can do with this? Think I'd have any luck disputing it?

As always any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Starting Score: 574(may 2012)
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 640 (to start)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What will help my credit score more??

I vote util. Even if you got rid of all baddies minus the one, assuming they'd even accept PFDs, your score would still take a beating. I personally would do util to remain in better graces with current creditors. I personally would pay the CCs from lowest balance to highest, getting as much $0 balances added as possible. I'd also include the FP CC into those payments. That CC alone is a big drain and simply paying it off would help a good deal.

For the CA, I'd send another DV, but I'd customize it. I'd point out via the FDCPA that they are the ones required to provide the OC and balance. I'd probably also forward their copy with a cc in the letter to the FTC. Maybe the heat will spur them into action.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.