Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will they see?

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

What will they see?

I got all 3 of my credit reports in May from annualcreditreport.com. Since then, I can check an updated view of my Experian report using my previous report #.  I also have 3-in-1 daily pulls of all three reports via Eliminate ID Theft. (I want to see if & when my negatives come off my report.)

On my Experian report, it shows a Comenity bank credit card payment history from May 2012-Sept 2014; all OK except a 30 day late in July 2012.  Account History comments read "30 days late as of Jul 2012"; Status Details comments read: "By Apr 2019, this account is scheduled to go to a positive status."

My 3-in-1 shows a clean 2-year payment history, with no negative comments. TU is reporting Sept. 2012 - Aug 2014; Experian is reporting Oct 2012 - Sept 2014; Equifax is showing all white (unknown).

So my question.  If I apply for a credit card or a mortgage (not any time soon but down the line), which payment history/comments will they see when they pull my report?  I'm assuming they will see the Experian report as I see it (or the TU or EQ equivalent) and not just the last 2 years of payment history.  Is that right?  I don't want to be caught surprised thinking they are seeing a rosier picture of my credit than they actually are.  And I want to know whether it is still worth it to pursue a GW removal of that 30 day late (no response so far) or if it doesn't matter if no one will see it since it is more than 2 years ago.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: What will they see?

They will see the details from your official CRA reports.  The 3 in 1 reports should be viewed as summary reports not containing all of the details in the official reports.  

Also, at this point your 30 day late from more than 2 years ago is likely providing little drag on your scores (it that's what you are concerned about).  If it were me, I would call the OC and ask them to do a GW removal of that 30 day late.  Reinforce your otherwise spotless payment history.  You never know what their response will be.  If they refuse, start your GW campaign (in writing).

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.