Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
skinsfan83
Established Member

What would you do?

Good morning everyone,

I have a few open past due bill from closed accounts. I have one from Verizon, one from Pepco, and one from my auto insurance company. I fell on some hard times and was unable to pay these bills current. I have since gotten back on my feet and want to take care of the past due accounts. Yesterday I received a credit alert from protectmyid stating that Verizon put a collection on my account. I called today and the rep told me that it went to collections on 4/19. I told them that the negative info was just reported yesterday. I asked them for a delete of information if I paid in full. They said they would update it as a paid collection but will not delete it. The rep said that the bill was sent to an outside collection agency but I haven't received anything from them and Verizon is who put the baddie on my report. I'm still getting regular bills from Verizon and can still log on to my account. I'm not quite sure how I should proceed. I know from this board that a collection is a collection regardless if paid or not as far as fico scoring is concerned.

My question is should I pay the Verizon collection or use the money for another bill before it goes to collections. I think I know the answer but I just need some input.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.