Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

What would you do?

I have a few COs/CAs that I've considered sending DV/SOL letters, but I have a dilemma. I opened the accounts under my legal name at the time but have since changed it. Though I immediately updated my information with the Social Security administration, the DMV, and so on, only Equifax connects my old name with my current name, and all of my negative history is missing from TransUnion and Experian.

And now any time I contemplate contacting any creditors, I'm not sure whether to include my current name. If I don't, I'm afraid it will look as though I used my new name to avoid creditors (not the case by the way; I was enrolled in a debt consolidation program when I changed my name, which turned out to be a scam); and if I do, I'm concerned the negative accounts will pop up on my otherwise pristine TU/EX reports.

There's about a 150-point difference between Equifax and the others.Should I just wait it out? I have about three and a half years left on the CRTP at this point.

It's so much easier working on DH's report.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.