Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you recommend?

tag
Mayn
Regular Contributor

What would you recommend?

I have a cap1 CO at $1700 ish which i could pay off, or, i have several little, under $150 collections that were checks that i could pay off.  So far by asking over phone, neither said they would delete.  The cap1 CO original line was for $1200 so its over.  Which would u pay off?  I assume the cap one is hurting me more than the tiny ones.  Am i correct?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What would you recommend?

Welcome to the forum 

The ding is not from the amount owed but from the age 

Meaning the newer the baddie the more it hurts vs a older baddie doesn't hurt as much 

CA $1.00

Reported 9/14 

hurts more than 

CA $5,000

Reported 3/2009

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 20
Mayn
Regular Contributor

They were both from 2012, but cap1 one seems to keep putting on my pmnt history charged off every month.  Dont know if that matters.  You know where it says as of blah blah blah?  The cap one seems to get updated monthly.  Dont know if this matters.

Message 3 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mayn wrote:

They were both from 2012, but cap1 one seems to keep putting on my pmnt history charged off every month.  Dont know if that matters.  You know where it says as of blah blah blah?  The cap one seems to get updated monthly.  Dont know if this matters.

Now that's a different story ouch 

By updating monthly it is the worst so yes it matters 

That is a tactic used to try and force you to pay ...mean ol nasty ploy 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 20
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Thank you for responding to this myjourney, so on that note would you pay off the cap1?  They did just approve me for a secured card fyi. Im just trying to get back on track and clean this all up.  Fell on tough times then, had to move to find work ect ect ect. i also got a first progress secured and in the waiting process for a us bank secured.  How do you all put scores and stuff on the bottom of youre name?

Message 5 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mayn wrote:

Thank you for responding to this myjourney, so on that note would you pay off the cap1?  They did just approve me for a secured card fyi. Im just trying to get back on track and clean this all up.  Fell on tough times then, had to move to find work ect ect ect. i also got a first progress secured and in the waiting process for a us bank secured.  How do you all put scores and stuff on the bottom of youre name?

Yes CAP1 should be your 1st attack and you do have enough TL's now to successfully rebuild 

As far as a sig entry not everyone can do it when you're new it's a myFICO secret algorithm and none of us know but as you post and time passes you'll be able to modify your sig 

But here's how when you can 

Top left hand corner by your user name select 

My settings 

Select personal info 

Add what you like in the signature box and click save 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Forgot to add do everything possible to get a PFD if you can 

Worst case if you can't get a PFD pay it off and start the GW process

Either way it will have the same effects since the jerks are updating monthly....every month it looks like a new baddie and they use this tactic to hold your scores down 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 20
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Ok, awesome.  Thank you so much for you're help.  I greatly appreciate it.  Looking forward to hanging out here.  Again, Thank you.

Message 8 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mayn wrote:

Ok, awesome.  Thank you so much for you're help.  I greatly appreciate it.  Looking forward to hanging out here.  Again, Thank you.

You're very welcome and don't be no stranger let us know how you come out and if you need more helpSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 20
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Will do.  I can say that i have a quizzle act.  And since my first card posted my score went from 547 to 571. Its a start.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.