New Contributor
HomerSimpson

What you think about my DV letter?

Dear Debt Collector:

This letter is sent in response to settlement letter received by your office on Thursday, October 09, 2008. Pursuant to my rights under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1692g (b), I am requesting that you provide validation of this debt. Note this is not a refusal to pay, but a request that your offices provide me with evidence that I have a legal obligation to pay you.

Written verification shall include, but is not limited to:

•  Copies of any written instruments which evidence that I incurred the debt.
  • The original amount of the debt, and an itemization of any interest and fees that are being assessed.
  •  The date the debt was incurred.
  •  The name and address of the original creditor.
  •  A statement that the debt has not been paid.
  • A statement that the original creditor provided goods or services in consideration of the debt.
  • Because I have disputed this debt in writing within 30 days of receipt of your dunning notice, you must obtain verification of the debt or a copy of the judgment against me and mail these items to me at your expense;
  • You cannot add interest or fees except those allowed by the original contract or state law.

You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and my State Attorney General’s office. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.

Sincerely,

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}