Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you think about my DV letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you think about my DV letter?

Dear Debt Collector:

This letter is sent in response to settlement letter received by your office on Thursday, October 09, 2008. Pursuant to my rights under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1692g (b), I am requesting that you provide validation of this debt. Note this is not a refusal to pay, but a request that your offices provide me with evidence that I have a legal obligation to pay you.

Written verification shall include, but is not limited to:

•  Copies of any written instruments which evidence that I incurred the debt.
  • The original amount of the debt, and an itemization of any interest and fees that are being assessed.
  •  The date the debt was incurred.
  •  The name and address of the original creditor.
  •  A statement that the debt has not been paid.
  • A statement that the original creditor provided goods or services in consideration of the debt.
  • Because I have disputed this debt in writing within 30 days of receipt of your dunning notice, you must obtain verification of the debt or a copy of the judgment against me and mail these items to me at your expense;
  • You cannot add interest or fees except those allowed by the original contract or state law.

You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and my State Attorney General’s office. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.

Sincerely,
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.