Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When 7 Years Are Up on a Foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When 7 Years Are Up on a Foreclosure

Thank you Skeechan and everyone else,

I did pull my 2 reports (TU and Equifax) from annualcreditreport.com. I have to send in a form to get one for Experian...

On my TU I do see the date that they are to be removed. YEAH! I never knew those dates before today!! 

There is a line of credit, home equity loan that puzzles me though. It isn't a foreclosure so I am not sure it will hurt me as much. But, it won't be removed until a year after all the foreclosures. That's bad.

Is a home equity loan  (line of credit) considered the same as a foreclosure? It says that it was 'SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; CLOSED'. Estimated month and year that this item will e removed: 04/2018. 

I want to get a loan next summer when all my other foreclosures will be gone off my CR. But this is one I have never seen before. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that would be fine. My banker just said that as long as a foreclosure is on my credit report, they couldn't send it up to Fannie Mae. But, once it is off my report it will be fine. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get a house loan at the 4 year mark after my foreclosure.  It was a decent rate of 3.75 as well.   My credit score average was 660 at the time.  Since getting the mortgage my credit has shot up to 700. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that would be fine. My banker just said that as long as a foreclosure is on my credit report, they couldn't send it up to Fannie Mae. But, once it is off my report it will be fine. 

Just make sure you do research. Don't assume your LO has your best interests in mind. Make sure you aren't intentionally withholding information that is required based on his input. Not disclosing something which you are required to is frowned on. I know what I personally have to do. I know what others have had to do. And, those things had nothing to do with the fact it is no longer, or will no longer be on our CRs. Misrepresented applications is one of the many reasons why the bubble burst a few years back... Just make sure you aren't be screwed. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! What bank did you go through?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never withhold anything when appllying for a loan. I wouldn't know how even if I wanted to. 

Just want to get these off my credit to get a home loan. Are there certain banks that are more lenient and will give loans when the Foreclosure has aged but not quite 7.5 years?

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are mortgage brokers that will shop you a rate, or even comparison sites (eg LendingTree) and like insurance brokers, mort brokers will know what banks cater who which customers.  Now, as before the crash, there will be different banks specializing in different products and if you include all of the information (which you ALWAYS should, nothing like getting a surprise 3 days before closing), then you will should not get crazy aggressive offers that you would not qualify for.  The broker is typically paid by the lender and the broker is not interested in offering you products that you won't qualify for since it is a waste of time (they only get paid if you get a loan and you won't get a loan unless YOU think the terms are favorable to you).

After a few years, like 4 as the previous poster said (I have seen 2 years after a BK and FC) you can get a loan.  I am not sure why your LO is saying it has to be off your report...you have to disclose it on the 1003 no matter what (there are 2 questions related to it, one is a 'in the last 7 years' question, the other is an 'have you ever' type question).  In answering YES in the 1003 applications disclosures like I think it was VII B and VII E on the 1003, the LO is supposed to explain to the insurer why your new situation is different and why he/she thinks you will not default like you did last time.  Maybe the LO doesn't want to do that or that bank has a policy not to bother explaining any yes answers.

You do not have to have every baddie off your report, just far in the review mirror and a more recent track record of fiscal awesomeness.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't go to a bank. Go to a mortgage broker. The LO works for the BANK, and thats where his interests lay. The broker OTOH, works for YOU and will work to find the deal that best suits you, not the bank.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! I will go through a broker instead. Any suggestions on that front? I am new to mortgage brokers. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you everyone! I will go through a broker instead. Any suggestions on that front? I am new to mortgage brokers. 

I would begin by asking local homeowners in your area for references.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.