Did you mean: 

When 7 Years Are Up on a Foreclosure

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: When 7 Years Are Up on a Foreclosure

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Skeechan and everyone else,

I did pull my 2 reports (TU and Equifax) from annualcreditreport.com. I have to send in a form to get one for Experian...

On my TU I do see the date that they are to be removed. YEAH! I never knew those dates before today!! 

There is a line of credit, home equity loan that puzzles me though. It isn't a foreclosure so I am not sure it will hurt me as much. But, it won't be removed until a year after all the foreclosures. That's bad.

Is a home equity loan  (line of credit) considered the same as a foreclosure? It says that it was 'SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; CLOSED'. Estimated month and year that this item will e removed: 04/2018. 

I want to get a loan next summer when all my other foreclosures will be gone off my CR. But this is one I have never seen before. 

Just my 2 cents on your unanswered question.  Your HELOC became an unsecured loan.. like a CC ... after your foreclosure. I did a short sale back in 2010, the HELOC bank refused to forgive the definency.  I had to file for CH7 as they started to offer settlements and turned my account over to a collection agency.  IMHO you're fortunate that yours was forgiven.

Together my partner and I bought the house and took out the mortgages.  His credit report showed the Charge OFF from the HELOC bank and at this point they have never filed for a judgement.  Both the 1st mortgage and HELOC fell off 2 of his credit reports 8 months early (from 7.5 years) and his credit score for those 2 bureaus increased over 40 points each. I gained 2 to 4 points on all three CS when these IIBK TLs fell off my report. There is a big difference! 

I can't blame you for wanting to wait until these TLs are deleted. However as others have stated and in IMO a broker is the way to go.  Best of luck on your endeavor!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.