cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Collections, Charge-Offs Are Gone...

tag
Anne1208
Regular Contributor

Re: When Collections, Charge-Offs Are Gone...

Yeah, and even getting those two old debts reflected as one collection rather than two would be helpful.  But you are right - they tends to break bills into many things and it does not help my husband's situation at all. I won't be surprised if there is nothing we can do about those, but it's worth reviewing them at least. It's just a shame that he has lived within his means and paid bills on time for years (and paid down these collections as soon as he could), and his credit score is in the crapper. It doesn't reflect his behavior or situation at all. Oh well, even if these things don't work, hopefully now that he is using credit cards again that will help.

He will also try the secured loan thing. He didn't want to do too many things all at once, but he will try that soon.  We have three paid-off cars so that should be sufficient collateral! 

Starting Score: January 2014 Experian: 713 Equifax: 668 Transunion: 691
December 2015 Score: Experian: 766 Equifax: 751 Transunion: 759
October 2018 Score: Transunion:735

Goal Score: 800’s across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, just deposit a small amount of cash in a savings account with a local bank or CU. Usually the minimum is $300 or so. I did mine for $500 with SDFCU and the monthly payments are less than $15.

No need to put up a vehicle or anything like that.

Message 12 of 13
Anne1208
Regular Contributor

OH awesome ok thanks! I just assumed they needed some asset.  That sounds good! I will let him know. Between that and a couple secured cards over the next 12-24 months that should help immensely. Thanks again!

Starting Score: January 2014 Experian: 713 Equifax: 668 Transunion: 691
December 2015 Score: Experian: 766 Equifax: 751 Transunion: 759
October 2018 Score: Transunion:735

Goal Score: 800’s across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.