Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Disputes Work for 2 of 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Disputes Work for 2 of 3

I recently disputed an item on my credit reports and two of the three bureaus deleted the disputed item.  TransUnion did not.  What is my recourse now?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When Disputes Work for 2 of 3

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently disputed an item on my credit reports and two of the three bureaus deleted the disputed item.  TransUnion did not.  What is my recourse now?

What is the basis of your dispute??

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed the validity of the debt -- AT&T charged me for services for several months after I closed the account.  A collection agency (AFNI) owns the debt now.  I have no idea why Trans Union didn't also delete the record. 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed the validity of the debt -- AT&T charged me for services for several months after I closed the account.  A collection agency (AFNI) owns the debt now.  I have no idea why Trans Union didn't also delete the record. 

Ok, TU evidently got a response from the entity reporting it that it was valid so it remained. If the CA is reporting send them a DV and see if you get a validation back. Even though the other 2 bureaus deleted it for whatever reason it could very well be re-inserted if proper validty is established by the reporting entity.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Either the dispute process ran its course with two CRAs and the furnisher did not verify back to the CRA, casuing the CRA to delete, or the furnisher voluntarily reported deletion before the dispute was resolved.  What did the CRA's Notice of Results of Reinvestigation sent by the CRA state as the outcome of the dispute?

That they found the information ot be unveriified, or that the dispute was rendered moot by reporting of deletion by the furnisher?

They apparently verified with only one CRA, whose Notice of Results of Reinvestigation should have so stated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.