cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Disputing via Mail - Is it recommended that I send a CR copy with All Three CRAs?

tag
roboray

When Disputing via Mail - Is it recommended that I send a CR copy with All Three CRAs?

Hello All, I'm disputing a few collection items on my credit report. The credit report available to me isn't split into parts, it lists all three side by side. Is it recommended that I send this out, or should I order one that lists them separately? I'm trying not to screw myself over - since what is in question isn't reported to all three. I feel like I might have some luck with it - since there's absolutely no contact info listed. No company, no number, no amount, etc. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: When Disputing via Mail - Is it recommended that I send a CR copy with All Three CRAs?

I assume your question relates to a direct dispute being filed with the debt collector?

The direct dispute rules (16 CFR 660.4) only recommend that the consumer include the portion of your credit report showing that the furnishr has actually reported the dispute information.  It is not a requirement of a direct dispute.  It is simply one way of supporting that you have basis for a dispute.

You can omit any inclusion of a copy of any credit report, or take out your marker and block out any information other than the showing of their reporting to one CRA.

I recommend the later.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.