cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Good Will Doesnt Work...please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Good Will Doesnt Work...please help!

Hi there,

From back in late 2011-early 2013 I have a few 30 days late, maybe a couple of 60 and 90, plus an auto repossesion (which was ultimately returned to me and I have since gotten another lease from the same bank). That year was a tough emotional time for me due to an illness and subsequent death in my family.  I believe one 90 was for a balance of $30 !!! bill from a dept store card which somehow went unnoticed, but they will not remove the mark from my account. I have tried good will letters for all of these and also tried disputing throught the credit reporting agencies but the companies just confirm that the information is accurate within the allowed 30 days and it bounces back to me.

I have had PERFECT credit since. Please note: the late payments plus the auto reposession are from vendors I am currently still working with (capital one credit card and honda). In the past three years my total lines of credit have gone from $500 to $12,000 and my payments are never late, ratio is good about 25%. My current score from experian.com (not sure if it is FICO or FAKO) is 685. Desperate to get these neagtive marks off my credit report; it's very important. Again good will letters did NOT work.  Also have a public record of under $200 on only one report from a tax debt which was an error, but they wont remove it. Also please note, all debts were paid; as it relates to these negative marks no balances remain.

Please help!

Many thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When Good Will Doesnt Work...please help!

If the lates are vaild your only chance is to continue requesting GW. Sometimes it can take years before you finally get what you are after. Just put them on a schedule of letters every month, bi monthly or another time period of your choosing. Disputing with the CRA isnt going to be taken well by the creditor if you are trying to get a GW removal, I would stop disputing it and let it be.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.