Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Requesting EE, Who to Call?

tag
hillskip
Established Member

When Requesting EE, Who to Call?

Is it the OC or the actual bureau?  I looked on Equifax's site and the only number I found was all automated.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: When Requesting EE, Who to Call?

Purely my experience only from speaking with TU today.

Called and spoke to 1st line CS Rep about EE for TL that was due to fall off on 7/16.  I specifically said that I have a TL that is due to fall off soon and would he review for an EE.  He stood by company line that it wasn't possible to take off and I could dispute if I wanted too.  Basically told him no, I did not want to dispute but would prefer to speak with his Supervisor.  Supervisor got on the phone and I stated that I have a TL due to come off soon and would like an EE.  The Supervisor reviewed the account (be prepared to have last 4 of account TL) and without any hassle said it would be taken off today and I would get a letter in the mail within 5-7 days showing action.

Now for an even better kicker, I asked if he could take same TL off wife's account (I am AU on TL) and he agreed to do that as well.  I just had to give her social.

The TLthat was taken care of was a Chase CC showing as Charge-Off (PIF less than total balance)

Typically what I have read on here is TU is very forgivving with EE (6 months out) EX is typically within 3 months and EQ within 1 month (might have EQ & EX backwards).

Just be calm and non-combative, plus don't hesitate to ask for a Supervisor.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FCRA imposes credit report exclusion requirments on the CRAs, not the party who furnished the information.

Credit report exclusion is the prevention of the CRA from continuing to include the adverse item of information in subsequent credit reports they issue.

The OC reports the derog, along with its effective date, such as the month/year of any monthly delinquency, or the DOFD for any reported charge-off or statement of collection referral.  It is then solely the duty of the CRA to monitor and exclude the derogs from further credit reports they issue.

Requests for early exlcusion thus go only to the CRA.

Request directed to the creditor would be for their voluntary deletion of their own reporting, not for early exclusion of that reporting.

Apples and oranges.

Message 3 of 4
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Here are the numbers I have for CAs

Equifax  866-349-5191

Experian 855-246-9409

Transunion 800-916-8800

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.