Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Secured Cards graduate

tag
jbrown773
Contributor

When Secured Cards graduate

When a secure card graduate do you keep the same credit limit or does that change? For example if I had a 300 CL on a card will it graduate for possibly more? or if i had a 5000 cL will i get less once it goes unsecure. in the sense of Capt1 and US bank and lets say DCU... 

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Re: When Secured Cards graduate

usually, they are kept at the same credit limit. My WellsFargo secured just graduated with the same limit. Wish I had increased it before then.... I am not sure Cap1 secured ever graduates../ but others here may chime in.

cheers, Oyiwaa

Message 2 of 4
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Cap one secure do not graduate I had mines approaching two years never missed a payment usually pay in full are leave a low balance. I emailed cap1 in which a rep called me and told me that she have heard about secured cards graduating but unfortunately cap1 do not have any programs like that are products like that at this time
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 3 of 4
klondike
Valued Member

My 500 secured NFCU rewards card was automatically upgraded to a regular card with a 2k credit limit after 6 months of good use.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.