Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are inquiries removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When are inquiries removed?

I have 26 inquires on my Transunion and about 18 on the other reports. I want to know when they will reset to zero? They are pulling my credit down. Do you know how many points I can gain by having zero inquires?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When are inquiries removed?

Two years after they report for the first time. I'm not sure how many points you will gain but it will help.
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 26 inquires on my Transunion and about 18 on the other reports. I want to know when they will reset to zero? They are pulling my credit down. Do you know how many points I can gain by having zero inquires?

They only affect scoring for 12 months but remain on your reports for 24 months from each date of occurrence. That means potential lenders can see all of them for two years.

How many points you'll get when all stop affecting your scores is, IMO, almost impossible to estimate. Only time will tell.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They only affect scoring for 12 months but remain on your reports for 24 months from each date of occurrence. That means potential lenders can see all of them for two years.

How many points you'll get when all stop affecting your scores is, IMO, almost impossible to estimate. Only time will tell.

This..^^^^^^

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First six months is really the time it affects the score if anything major.  After that it becomes less important.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries are a SMALL portion of your score, something like 10%, whereas payment history is 35%, and UTI is 30%. They affect scoring for 12 months, and are removed entirely after 24 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.