cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did u know it was time to fix your bad credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When did u know it was time to fix your bad credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous - did I understand correctly: did you get all your baddies (COs, judgments, lates, etc)  removed by dedicating 3 months to the cause?  

God's honest truth...The 3 judgements for some reason never made it to my reports. But they could have at any moment. What I did do was paid them and then filed a motion to have them vacated, got all 3 vacated so there would be no chance of them ever showing up even as satisfied.

To answer your question, yes all my baddies are gone with NO CHANCE of anything ever reappearing. I even purchased a flight and went to a collection agency and begged for the removal of a paid in full collection.

No chance they can re-appear because I paid everything and got GW deletions. Some were hard, very hard others were easier. I never got anything deleted because of a dispute. There was nothing to dispute, they were my debts that I created.

Message 21 of 40
elim
Senior Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Elim is the tax lien still reporting?

Reporting on TU.  Another myFICO member was going through the same thing at the time and we were both able to get them removed from EX and EQ with a simple dispute. TU wouldn't budge. I may try again when it's PIF but a small amount of the debt Self Released, so getting it removed after paid seems to be impossible.

The lien reaches SOL  6/2020. It will be paid off sometime this year.

Message 22 of 40
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I believe you said it is a federal lien, if so , is it paid? You should easily be able to delete with the IRS fresh start! Much easier than state tax liens . If not paid just get in an installment plan and they delete
Message 23 of 40
elim
Senior Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I believe you said it is a federal lien, if so , is it paid? You should easily be able to delete with the IRS fresh start! Much easier than state tax liens . If not paid just get in an installment plan and they delete

Sorry for the off topic posts OP...

If any part of the fed lien "self release" (runs out of SOL and is no longer collectible), which some has, the lien holder is not eligible for fresh starts early withdrawal.  I'll still try though. thanks.

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the 2 things that stick out to me for knowing I had to fix my bad credit was when I got denied for a Secured Credit Card and being unable to purchase a new SUV. My ex (and ultimately I) had a difficult time with finances. My house went in to foreclosure, credit cards maxed. It was bad. I needed a SUV room wise for my new baby that was on the way. my fiance (who has perfect credit and has never had a late payment, not that I'm jealous or anything) had to put the SUV in his name (and actually both of our SUV's are now in his name). Thankfully i was able to get the house out of foreclosure (still waiting for my ex to refinance it out of my name...I don't have the heart to push him to sell it like the divorce decree states) and the credit cards are off of my name. I can now get loans and cards that are not secured, but it was a dark time. 

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@Sbrooks1 wrote:

Sorry for the off topic posts OP...

If any part of the fed lien "self release" (runs out of SOL and is no longer collectible), which some has, the lien holder is not eligible for fresh starts early withdrawal.  I'll still try though. thanks.

No worries,  if you or someone else can get help with credit issues,  then have at it.  We all have to work together to fix our past mistakes.  

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I trashed my credit between late 2008-2010.  I began paying cash for everything.  Then, in 2013  I had to get a car and went to a car lot.  I had got along with used cars after my credit bombed, but I was tired of having to repair the vehicle all the time, so I wanted a new car. I got a terrible interest rate, but walked out with a vehicle with 25 miles.  After having the car for 6 months, I was offered a Kohl's credit card with $300 limit  and that was my first credit card since 2010.  1 year later, I found myFico, but I was just a lurker.  I started reading the forum and absorbing the information and at the beginning of 2015, I started rebuilding and working on getting rid of collections and while I'm not where I would like to be, I have over $150k in available credit. 

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now!!! Lol A while ago Total Visa, Credit One, Indigo and Milestone wouldn't even give me a card. But after that I did obtain a new Fingerhut account and a Discover Secured (Discover sent me my free Fico score which is 560 Smiley Sad)

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

It's a beginning.  When I got my SUV almost 4 years ago, my EQ was 583.   Time heals must things.  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now!!! Lol A while ago Total Visa, Credit One, Indigo and Milestone wouldn't even give me a card. But after that I did obtain a new Fingerhut account and a Discover Secured (Discover sent me my free Fico score which is 560 Smiley Sad)

We all have to start somewhere ... which is why it's so important to start. So congrats on that! 

I went from high 400s/loww 500s last January to owning a home and just got approved for an AMEX card now ... you can do this Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.