Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do baddies fall off?

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

When do baddies fall off?

I thought it was seven years after your last activity. Someone here has told me that it is based on something else.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: When do baddies fall off?

7.5 years from DoFD, per FCRA.  That is for collections and COs.  Lates fall off 7 years from date of occurence.

Message 2 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Wow. That could be good news! I thought it was dola.!!!!! Thank you man.

Message 3 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

But with my Bankruptcy accounts, there is no missed payments. It just says ch 7.

Message 4 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Your BK will be there for 10 years all of the individual accounts included will stay for 7.5 from the DoFD of the account.

Message 5 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Cool. Well on Transunion it says when thery will fall off, but it doesn't say dofd, so I guess I just have to trust them

Message 6 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, TU doesn't show a DoFD, they just show a fall off date.  Only EQ uses the DoFD.

Message 7 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 10
Valdo12

Do you know exactly when?

TU shows my March 2003 BK estimated to fall off February 2013.  Does that estimate mean February 1st or February 28th?

Any info on Experian?  It has estimated removal dates as well.  Inquiries drop the following month of when they occurred.  I have some January 2011 inquiries past the anniversary date still showing.  Click on them and they all say February 2013.  So, is Experian's removal date the actual month of when accounts will be removed or is it the last month that I'll see the account on the report? 

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They have until the end of the month.  If it says Feb 2013 they should be gone by the end of the month.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.