Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do credit cards report to CRA

tag
kebeneezer88
Contributor

When do credit cards report to CRA

Hi, can anyone help me with this: when your credit card reports, is it the balance from  your statement? Or the current balance? 

I am rebuilding and I paid my balance down, but it is showing a little bit higher balance as the "statement balance" so wondering which one will report? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do credit cards report to CRA

Mine has always whats been on the balance of the statement. However it could have come through last minute before the 24 hour time frame was up and the statment was sent out? if it was mailed....Its likely the issue. 

Message 2 of 14
AutoBot
Established Contributor

The balance that reports is your balance the date your monthly statement was cut.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

usually they will report the amount thats on the statement. Not what currently shows in your account. Capital one is like clockwork. They cut your statement then 3 days later they report that amount. 

Message 4 of 14
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

How do u know when they cut your statement?

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The statement is cut usually 3 days after your due date. Once your new due date appears, you will have known that they old statement cycle has been completed. Of course you can always call/chat with them to get an exact date if you are still unsure.

Message 6 of 14
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Thank you! so the best time to pay balance is BEFORE statement is cut?

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For hubby and I Synchrony statement cut dates are 8 days after the due date, for 4 of the 6 accounts we have with them (2 haven't generated either yet). I don't know if all Synchrony cards do that though. Just thought I'd mention how it is for us.
Message 8 of 14
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Thanks, that's what I thought, that it was the statement, not what was currently showing as balance. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's usually the amount of the statement. That's how I'm able to use my card as much as possible, pay the balance down prior to when the statement cuts, and continue to keep my UTIL low.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.