cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you consider your rebuilding Complete?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do you consider your rebuilding Complete?!?!

Just curious.... At what point do you consider yourself out of rebuilding?

Is it when all the baddies are gone?

When you hit a certain Score Number?
When you get approved for a certain Card?

When you qualify for and close on that house?

Personally.... i think I will always consider myself a rebulder... i never wanna forget how terrible I started. My scores were CRAP  a year ago. Although they are much better now and I am in target of being in HOME BUYING range by the end of the year....I will always be a rebuilder. I've had bad credit or no credit most of my adult life. This getting approved stuff is new to me. I'll always respect it!

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do you consider your rebuilding Complete?!?!

When I've done everything I could possibly do to fix the bad stuff. Then it's just waiting until they fall off. In that time I work on my good stuff, payments, UTI, sp CLI's. Just fine tuning everything that way in a couple years I'll have a very nice credit portfolio.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it's all of the above lol. I want to hit my goal score, have all my negatives off, get that one card that always been out of my reach and be in good shape to get a house.

I'm right there with you as far as credit rating goes. I just never cared which is so dumb because it is a nice accomplishment to acheive when you take care of it. There is this movie on netflix in which the premise is that personal romantic relationships get scored like credit. So if you have bad ones, and are at fault, your score goes down. In the movie it also prevented people from getting jobs, loans and even getting into certain bars/clubs. It'd be nice at some point soon to walk around and not sweat whether or not you'll pass a credit check. Especially if the future brings not getting into some social event because of it! lol

Message 3 of 21
crrredit
Established Contributor

I think for me it's when all the baddies are gone, rather than hitting a certain score. With no baddies, it's building and maintaining, rather than rebuilding. 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The day many years from now that Equifax, Transunion, & Experian ALL say I have an 850 FICO score. Also the day MANY years from now, that I do not have a single late payment, charge off, nor collection on any of my reports. .. ...... that's gonna take a loooonnnngggg time

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm down to one collection on EX and EQ and 2 on TU But i still have a car charge off that is still with the original creditor. its abt 5k. im a pay that off with in the next year. then it'll be work to KEEP THEM OFF permanently.  

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When I've done everything I could possibly do to fix the bad stuff. Then it's just waiting until they fall off. In that time I work on my good stuff, payments, UTI, sp CLI's. Just fine tuning everything that way in a couple years I'll have a very nice credit portfolio.

+1.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally.... i think I will always consider myself a rebulder... i never wanna forget how terrible I started. My scores were CRAP  a year ago. Although they are much better now and I am in target of being in HOME BUYING range by the end of the year....I will always be a rebuilder. I've had bad credit or no credit most of my adult life. This getting approved stuff is new to me. I'll always respect it!

When your files are clean and you have as much revolving credit as you *need*.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think it's all of the above.  All but one baddie has dropped off my reports.  I was recently approved for an Amex I never thought I would get.  Everything else is really new, so, my AAoA is short.  I'm gardening now, watching the grass grow.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For me being finished rebuilding happened once I had the main cards I couldn't have been approved for previously, and all reports were clean to facilitate the approvals.

Specifically I would have called CSP pretty much the pinnacle, and the rest of these have been more "building" rather than part of a rebuild. From here on out, it's all about sticking to goals, and since there are only 2 additional cards I want to add to the arsenal I will likely be done apping altogether once I get them. 800's across the board here I come!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.