Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Equifax update?

tag
pengy_wi
New Contributor

When does Equifax update?

I filed some disputes and the results came back on 5/7/12 and the PDF letter states that 3 items were going to be deleted but they are still there. When I go on the dispute site everyday to check up on them they are listed as "investigation in process, you will receive the results shortly" or something to that effect in a gray box right under the item. Do they only update reports once a month? There were a couple items in dispute that were validated and there are no comments under those, its just the ones the letter said were being deleted. TU and EX seemed to have updated just fine.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: When does Equifax update?

@pengy_wi wrote:

I filed some disputes and the results came back on 5/7/12 and the PDF letter states that 3 items were going to be deleted but they are still there. When I go on the dispute site everyday to check up on them they are listed as "investigation in process, you will receive the results shortly" or something to that effect in a gray box right under the item. Do they only update reports once a month? There were a couple items in dispute that were validated and there are no comments under those, its just the ones the letter said were being deleted. TU and EX seemed to have updated just fine.

I don't think it a matter of when Equifax updates, but rather when the creditor notifies Equifax. some of the CRA's may be quicker in responding to creditors update, but I do not believe there is a set date.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 6
pengy_wi
New Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@pengy_wi wrote:

I don't think it a matter of when Equifax updates, but rather when the creditor notifies Equifax. some of the CRA's may be quicker in responding to creditors update, but I do not believe there is a set date.

It's not a case of the creditor notifying them, the letter is directly from Equifax stating they are being deleted as a result of disputes. 

Message 3 of 6
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I am having the same issue with equifax, well sort of. I have a collection that is supposed to be deleted on all three bureaus. It seems to be gone off Experian and Transunion. I originally had two collections listed on equifax. Under collections, it lists the quantity of collections as being 1,  but when I click on it there are two collections showing (one that should be deleted ). I have the same thing 'under investigation'.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 6
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I called equifax the other day. My attorney sent several debt validation letters directly to them. They received them may 15th. She said if they do not get a response in 30 days they will find in my favor and I will receive the update. I gave her my email address so I could receive the results by email. I called their corporate office number found in google and they transferred me to a human. A human in india I am pretty sure but hopefully I got correct information. I will know in a few weeks. I hope atleast a few things are found in my favor especially the paid collections that I have gotten nowhere with gw letters. One is only 25.00.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I like the foreign agents best. THey really understand the words of service. Keep us posted

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.