Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does HSBC report?

tag
ucibaqt
Valued Member

When does HSBC report?

I just paid my household bank and orchard bank card balance in full. I paid HHB on the 17th and the statement cut on the 23rd but it has yet to be reflected on my TU or EQ report. Does anyone know why that would be?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: When does HSBC report?

They report on the last day of the month (today), but you won't see it for another 2 or 3 days -- depending on which report you're viewing.  The norm is about 2 days into the new month.

I know you paid HHB on the 17th and the statement cut on the 23rd (which is great timing), but if you used it again within that timeframe may produce a new balance.  I don't think you did that, I'm just making a statement.  Anything AFTER the 23rd is YIPPIE TIME!!!! 

Message 2 of 10
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 3 of 10
oldtowngrill
New Contributor

Nope, not yet.  I'm in the same boat.  I read somewhere on here that it varies between CRA and TU is the last and can take up to 14 days.  I'm waiting to buy my score update until this reports to TU (had an account changed too so i'm curious) i check daily for updates at truecredit.  But i did get a score increase from 655 to 689 on EQ so it may have reported there this weekend.

Starting Score: 655 EQ 616 TU
Current Score: 689 EQ 628 TU
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

They report on the last day of the month (today), but you won't see it for another 2 or 3 days -- depending on which report you're viewing.  The norm is about 2 days into the new month.

I know you paid HHB on the 17th and the statement cut on the 23rd (which is great timing), but if you used it again within that timeframe may produce a new balance.  I don't think you did that, I'm just making a statement.  Anything AFTER the 23rd is YIPPIE TIME!!!! 

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I have an HSBC Orchard as well.

My statement-date was the 14th of last month and the account had a balance of $152 the date the statement was generated.

So I thought they might report that balance. WRONG! Although they reported on the last day of March (it already showed up on April 2nd on Experian and today on TransUnion), they did NOT report the statement-balance BUT the balance on the account as of March 31st. Since I was under the impression that they would report the statement-balance, I used the card again so the reported balance was $270 instead of $152. I also paid it off but - you guessed it right, my payment was credited April 1st - 24hrs. after they reported.

Now I have to wait an entire month to get the "perfect" reporting. However, this time I'm going to make sure the balance is correct on the statement-date AND the last day of the month!Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DW has an HSBC and I had Orchard, and they were always consistent. They would report the balance I had showing at the close of the last business day of the month and they would report that balance inside of 7-10 days (by the 7th-10th of the following month)

Message 6 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

DW has an HSBC and I had Orchard, and they were always consistent. They would report the balance I had showing at the close of the last business day of the month and they would report that balance inside of 7-10 days (by the 7th-10th of the following month)

I was really surprised when I saw that reporting. Every CC I had so far reported the statement-balance and they did so relatively fast after the closing-date.

The account I have is quite new so I'm not able to tell exactly how they will be reporting in the future. My first statement-balance was $200 and that was also the balance reported - but in that month, I didn't use the card between statement-date and the last day of the month, but based on my experience this month and what you just said, I think we know the answer now.Smiley Wink

Thanks for your input, Ilecs!

Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They are not without their faults, though. I swear they skipped a month or two during the 2-yr period I kept Orchard.

Message 8 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

They are not without their faults, though. I swear they skipped a month or two during the 2-yr period I kept Orchard.

Hopefully, next month is not a "skipping-month"..Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

DW has an HSBC and I had Orchard, and they were always consistent. They would report the balance I had showing at the close of the last business day of the month ....

I'm curious if this is still the case. My card CLOSED a few days ago and they reported the statement-balance and NOT the balance on the last day of the month.

I also checked my previous credit-reports and it seems they didn't report the balance on the last business-day for quite a while now. I compared the reported balance a few days before the end of the month with the reported balance 10 days into the next month. Although the balance was different on the last day of the month, they didn't report it. it still showed the closing-balance.

So what is your recent experience? Are they now consistently reporting statement-balances?

Since I'm currently trying to get the best score possible and have a couple of other cards to pay off, I want to make sure that I don't have to worry about this card-balance on the last day of the month..

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.